Wed, 01 Aug 2018 03:57:36 +0000
Comprehensive and systematic understanding of the annealing furnace
I. introduction to annealing process:
Annealing is a metal heat treatment process in which a metal is slowly heated to a certain temperature for enough time and then cooled at an appropriate rate, sometimes naturally, and sometimes at a controlled rate.
Ii. Purpose of annealing:
1. Reduce hardness, soften workpiece, and improve machining performance.
2. To improve or eliminate all kinds of structural defects and residual stresses caused by steel during casting, forging, rolling and welding, and to reduce the deformation, cracking or crack tendency of workpieces.
3. Refine the grain and improve the organization to improve the mechanical properties of the workpiece and eliminate the defects of the structure.
4. Homogeneous material structure and composition, improve material performance or prepare for future heat treatment, such as annealing and tempering.
In actual production, the annealing process is widely used. According to the different purposes of annealing required by the workpiece, there are many kinds of annealing heat treatment processes.
Iii. Purpose of annealing furnace:
4. Working mode of annealing furnace:
Annealing furnace is square or circular furnace body structure, furnace installation and aluminum silicate refractory fiber composite insulation, or in the fiber insulation lining structure, artifacts, placed in the chamber of a stove or furnace in electric heating way, or the fuel, gas heating furnace in workpiece, the workpiece under the natural atmosphere or protective atmosphere heating to the need of annealing temperature, heat preservation after a period of time, natural cooling or cooling control speed. Because of the variety of annealing furnace series, there are also different operating modes. The trolley type annealing furnace has an independent loading platform car, which makes loading and unloading easier, and is capable of loading large heavy workpieces. The well type annealing furnace is suitable for vertical loading of shafts, rods, pipe fittings and other workpieces.
V. classification of annealing furnace:
1. The annealing furnace is divided into electric heating, fuel heating and gas heating by different heating methods. They are respectively electric heating annealing furnace, fuel oil annealing furnace and gas annealing furnace.
2. Different furnace structures can be divided into, such as trolley type annealing furnace, well type annealing furnace, box type annealing furnace and hood type annealing furnace.
3.The annealing furnace can also be divided into a vacuum annealing furnace, a temperature-controlled annealing furnace, and a annealing furnace heated in a natural atmosphere.